Thursday 6 March 2014

E.L.F Cosmetics Haul & First Impressions

Hiiiiiiiiii!!!
I'm so glad I finally have something I can blog about after nearly a week of feeling rough, not doing my hair or makeup and basically just about managing to get out of bed! (man flu waaaah!!)

I've always wanted to try E.L.F cosmetics so I was really excited to hear they had a brilliant promotion on. My best friend, Monika, filled me in that there was a 50% of discount code along with free shipping if you spent over £30. So that means only £15 out of my purse. There wasn't that much that I wanted to try so what I did was place an order with my sister. In the end I think I spent just under £12 and got 6 items. Exciiiiiting! Delivery took a lot longer then I expected. My friend had only waited a day and a half for hers but I imagine that may have had a lot to do with a high volume of orders during the promotion. It was in the warehouse from Thursday till tuesday, but once shipped on tuesday it came today (Thursday).

So the first thing I got was liquid eyeliner (£1.95) I heard good things about this from a youtube video. Annoyingly I can't remember which or whos. The applicator is long and by the picture I thought it was a brush (which is what I'm used to) but its actually a long felt applicator. Hoping I can get on with it. It dries nice and matte which is a plus for me. I find shiny liquid eyeliner looks quite cheap. You want your make up to feel like a bargain but not look like a bargain! lol. I have tried it on my hand and so far, it doesn't seem to be moving or smudging. 



The next thing I bought which I was keen to use is their cream eyeliners (£3.95). I got two of these in black and coffee. These both came with little angled brush applicators. At first, trying them on my skin, I was unimpressed with the colour pay off and felt they weren't pigmented
enough. I was using the applicator it came with though now having tried it with my own eye liner brush I'm much more happier with it! the colour is actually a lot better then I first thought and again dries very fast and matte. So its a plus for the product but not so much the applicator but thats absoloutly fine with me. My beastie Monika uses her cream liner, in coffee, for her eyebrows and they stay on all day and night without any brow gel.


I also bought an all over cover stick (£1.95) in the shade spice. Now my idea with this was that I wanted a dark shade so I could use it for a creamy contour as my skin is quite dry right now. The less powder products I use the better. But this colour is just so so wrong for that. I wanted to buy it in the shade toffee but it was out off stock so i went for the second darkest shade which was this. I've never actually met someone the colour as this lol. In the packaging its a light caramel looking colour but on my skin tone it comes out as a pastel orange? The product its self is creamy and blends well. It doesn't feel heavy on my skin at all either. The smell bothers me though... it smells like Terrys chocolate orange. Don't get me wrong,  I like the chocolate but I dont want to smell it on my face all day. Im sure the right colour though and if you don't mind the smell it would be a great product. I'm interested in knowing if all the shades have the same smell, so if you've tried it then do please let me know!



OK so next thing I have is the high definition powder (£6.95). Don't let the colour scare you. Its in the shade corrective yellow. I believe the idea behind it is to counter act any redness on your face. When I take photos with my friends I notice my face is much more redder then theirs. Hopefully this will help! This was also again a recommendation from Monika. She uses this as her skin is oily and feels her make up slips and becomes shiny and patchy through out the day. She loves this powder and no longer has the problems she had before using it so I'm hoping it works for mine too.



The last thing I bought is the studio conditioning lip balm (£3.95). I looove this! The shade I got is bombshell brown. Its a balm so don't expect a massive colour payment but it is definetly enough. Exactly what I was after. It makes my lips feel great, look healthy and with a lovely hint of colour. It feels really nice on my lips and smells wonderful too, like cocoa butter. I've mentioned before that I had badly dry lips and they've been getting a lot better lately with the help of a lip scrub and large amounts of carmex over night. I'm Glad I now have something I can wear during the day that will continue to condition my lips. It also has an SPF 15 which is great no the sun is making an appearance. I plan on definetely buying more of these in different shades. 



Anyway, these are my first impressions of what I've bought and I'm also excited to hear my sisters views on her purchases. 

Thanks for reading and please let me know your views and recommendations for this brand. I'd love to hear from you! Mwah!!

No comments:

Post a Comment